Skip to main content

Reporting an Adult Safeguarding Concern:

I feel I am being abused or neglected, how can I report this?

1. Tell someone you trust immediately; this might be:

  • a family member
  • a friend
  • a visiting professional such as a nurse or care worker
  • your family doctor (GP)
  • a hospital doctor or nurse
  • a Police officer
  • a housing officer

All of these people will be able to help you. They will pass on the information you give them to someone who can help or will help you to pass this information on yourself.

They will not do anything which will make things worse for you and your views, wishes and feelings will always be considered.

2. Where an adult is:

  • Unable to look after themselves, due to the level of their care and support needs, and 
  • Is experiencing or is at risk of abuse or neglect

Contact Social Care and Support on: 01926 412080. Our social care and support teams can offer advice and support to you and, where necessary, arrange appropriate services.

3. To report a crime or raise a concern about abuse with Warwickshire Police, you can phone non-emergency number on: 101. But if it is an emergency always dial: 999

Making a Safeguarding Referral for Children:

Before making a referral - please take a look at the Spectrum of Support document to decide whether your concerns require a referral to Children’s Social Care.

For urgent concerns - if you have an urgent child protection concern and need to get in touch with us, call the Front Door on 01926 414144. 

Lines are open:

  • Monday to Thursday - 8.30am – 5:30pm
  • Friday - 8.30am – 5:00pm

You will then need to complete and return a Multi-Agency Contact Form (MAC) and send via email to the Front Door team:

Please emailThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Out of hours - if you need to get in touch out of usual office hours, please contact the Emergency Duty Team immediately on 01926 886922.

Emergencies - if you think that a child is at immediate risk, contact the police immediately on 999.

Non-urgent concerns - complete the Multi Agency Contact Form and send to email address as stated above.

Latest News

Keep up to date with the latest safeguarding news.

Safeguarding Adults News

Safeguarding Children News
Safeguarding Family News

Safeguarding Briefings

Click below for the latest briefings from Warwickshire Safeguarding!

7-Minute Briefings
Lessons Learned Briefings
Quarterly News Bulletin

Working in Partnership With

Contact us today using the details from our Contact Us webpage to find out how we can help

Website Feedback